I have called Snohomish County "home" since 1973, when we moved to Arlington and lived on a small farm. Five years later we moved to live on the river in Oso. When I’m not in the office, you can find me skiing with my family or working on my golf handicap.
"Be impeccable with your word. Don’t take anything personally. Don’t make assumptions. Always do your best." - Miguel Ruiz
I am a founding partner of O'Loane Nunn Law Group, which remained focused on family law and estate planning for 25 years. In February 2017, I left that firm to open a boutique family law practice with my daughter and respected family law practitioner, Michele O'Loane. At O'Loane Law Group, we handle all types of domestic cases through court action or alternative dispute resolution.
I have extensive experience in trials, arbitrations, mediations and settlement conferences. I am formally trained in Collaborative law and utilize those skills throughout my practice. As a member of the legal community, I have been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by Law and Politics Magazine and I served thirteen years on the State Bar Association's Family Law Executive Committee where I worked to improve the practice of family law.
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington, B.A., cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington State, Snohomish and Skagit County Bar Associations, member
- Washington State, Snohomish and Skagit County Bar Associations Family Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee, 1996 – 2008
- North Sound Collaborative Law, founding member
- King County Guardian ad Litem Training: Litigation Demonstration
- Parenting Evaluators: Who They Are, What They Can and Cannot Do and How to Work with Them
- Spousal Maintenance: The Price You Have to Pay
- Pre-Trial Motions re Child Support, Maintenance and Attorney Fees
- How to Prepare for Mediation or Settlement Conferences
Honors and Awards
- Identified as a “Super Lawyer” by Law and Politics Magazine
- Volunteer Attorney of the Year Award from Snohomish County Legal Services, 2000
- Annette Tupper Award, 2015